My Fear of Something

  • Oktober 06, 2020
  • By Nur Muhammad Luthfi
  • 0 Comments

As a human being, it's really reasonable to have things we are afraid of. Even, Superman the strongest human (I know it's fiction HAHAHA) has things he's afraid of such has kryptonite. That's superman. How about us, ordinaries human? I think we have plenty of fear of something.

On this occasion, I will talk about things that I fear. Maybe you have a question in mind, why someone like me openly speaks up about her fear of things. And  I'm pretty sure that you have thought that people who speak up about their fear is showing is vulnerability, right? No, dude! It's not about vulnerability. It's really common things we as a human have some kind of flaws. Second, it's about awareness. If we are aware of our flaws, fear, and weakness It's gonna make us conscious of what things that we can improve on, why it's important, and how we do it.


Thus, this is a list of things that I scared of.

  1. I'm fear of height. When I got my first experience to do hiking, I went to Papandayan Mountain in Garut. it's was surreal. In the middle of the track I take a rest, I sat, drinking, eaten snack bar to recharge my energy. Before I wrap my rest, I decide to go to the edge of the mountain to see the scenery. It was beautiful until I see below my feet, I saw the cliff that really really deep, I don't know the exact number, however, I'm confident it's so far. If I fall to the cliff I'm sure I'm dead (HAHAHA what a joke everyone knows this). Still, it was a great experience that leads me to like hiking. I went hiking several times and my fear of height slowly decreasing by the frequency I went hiking.
  2. Watching horror movies!!! Maybe some of you are lovers of horror movies but not me! It's not because I'm afraid of ghosts. Errrr, in someway did but the things that I'm afraid of ghost is when he shows up like a prick and makes me shock like we saw in the movies. Yep, their face, body, and appearance are scary but are gonna scarier when they just show up in front of you out of nowhere like Thanos snapped his finger. 
  3. Becoming blind! OMG! It's my concern right now because we are lived in a digital era where technology is our primary needs and due to my health status. I'm very fortunate that I still can see an object from near my eyes and so far way even depended using glasses and soft lenses. I feel blessed. The way I take care of my eyes is using the 20-20-20 method. Recommended by dr. Nanda when I met him at Mangunkusumo Hospital. The method is 20 minutes staring screen, 20 seconds break from gadgets to see objects far 20 feet from us. You could see trees, traffic lights, or any objects like board advertisement. This method could be used for those who still have healthy eyes too.
  4. Insects! I don't know where to start, but when I see uncommon insects I'm fear to near, and worst-case have physical contact with them. Moreover for the insect that has fur every point in their body. Kinda gross and amused.
  5. Growing old and dependent on someone. I can't imagine in my 50s or 60s where my body is not in good shape and especially if I'm sickly. Dang, I don't want in that situation. Alhamdulillah, I'm still young, 20 years old. I have still much time to prepare it all. I will work hard, work smart, take care of my body, and pray to God. What I want in my older era is I'm enjoying my life with my wife, joking with my grandson, and doing homey things like gardening. I believed and trust we can have it! God Bless Us!
That's it, those are things that I'm kinda scared of. What yours? Any similarity of fear? Different ways of handling fear? Let me know guys from the comment section below. 

See you guys on the next one. 

You Might Also Like

0 komentar