Dream Career

  • Oktober 04, 2020
  • By Nur Muhammad Luthfi
  • 0 Comments

Yo everyone, back again with me. Now on day 4, I want to talk about my dream career. I called it a career, not a job because for me personally, a job is things that push or make us obligated to do something without any sense of purpose. So, I called it a career because in a career their is progress, key learning, and value that we can deliver for ourselves, the community, or society. 

So, Luthfi what is your dream career? 



First of all, for me, all jobs are basically the same. We do things, we produce things. Input and output. Now, I will define my output, I define the output because the output is our why. Why we want to do those things? why we do those things? why it matters? The output that matters and I want to produce is that I want to make impacts and helping people at least at the individual level to become better, mindful, and living their lives to the fullest. 

The input. The input can be anything. All things that can help me to help people to become output that I define before considered as an input. I have several, careers in mind that suitable for the output I want. There is a Software Engineer, Product Manager, and Content Creator. Option 1 and 2 I have experienced it before. In this 21st era, SE and PM are a good career for now and beyond. It has a good salary and career path. But, it doesn't suitable for me because I have a health issue. I can't really fit in tech/startup organizations because of this issue. I cant stare at the computer screen for a long time at a time. I need a break every 20 minutes after staring at the screen for 20 seconds to see objects at least 20 feet far. Usually called 20-20-20 method. So SE & PM crossed out from my list.

Content Creator? What's the difference?

Yeah right, I still figuring out. Still, staring at the screen too. But, what I see the biggest difference is we have flexible workouts. Not a jargon or bullshit. Especially if we self-employed. We own the time, we own how we work at best, how we do things. Maybe SE could to this, but the pressure was so high, that could potentially lead me to overwork (based on my experiences) and make me relentless, then my immunity drop. 

Hmmm yeah, I'm just started doing the things, and I pretty sure this is gonna work after several times. Let time answer. Good luck to me, good luck for you who strive to achieve your dream career, pivoting from your current job or for your that until this time doesn't know what input and output that you want. I hope this blog would help you and guide you to define it. Bye.

You Might Also Like

0 komentar